Monday, September 25, 2006

Family Fun Day

Joe stayed home from work today and we had a family bonding day. That means we all stayed at home and Joe and I took turns napping while the other one took care of Quin. Joe had a football game to recover from and I'm recovering from motherhood in general I guess. Joe seems back to normal but I think mothers need some sort of a 12-step program to recover after having a baby. You'd start by apologizing to all the nurses you called nasty names in the delivery room, then you'd have to go to the gym and/or psychiatrist everyday. You'd get a sponsor who already has kids to encourage you when the kid has pooped through the 8th outfit of the day and you feel like you can't take it anymore. Eventually you are back to your pre-pregnancy self. Some women don't need the steps. My sister-in-law, Tricia, was as cute and sweet as ever the second she popped her beautiful children out. She didn't complain once about pregnancy or labor or nursing or anything else. That's why I blame her for my unrealistic expectations. I remember telling her after I had Quin that I was upset with her for not giving me a heads up about certain 'we don't talk about it in front of Joe' parts of motherhood. Anyway, here are some pictures from Quin's activities yesterday. I couldn't get my camera to work so I had to steal Uncle Bob's pictures (Thanks Uncle Bobby!)
The first one is Quin with his cousin Amy. The second one is me with my cousin Amanda. She chose me as her sponsor for confirmation. Isn't she cute? And she thinks I'm a good example of a Catholic...who knew!

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stayed home today as well. Of course that probably comes as NO shock to anyone who was with me at the game.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awhhhh Quin!! The cutest little guy I know! Thanks for putting my face on misterquin.com! Love, Aim

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture Amy, you need to get one of your own.

Love you Quin :=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home